1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Troubled and need advice:(

Discussion in 'Children & Teens' started by jwhittle97, Feb 14, 2014.

1. jwhittle97

jwhittle97 Type 1 · Member

I am a 16 year old girl in college and have had diabetes for as long as i can remember, im just getting to the point where i am fed up as where i have previously done injections is all lumpy and bumpy makes me hate these parts of my body!! Making me not want to inject i do my night injections only please help doctors have given up on me basically. Had pump and hated it had a constant blood meter but was way to expensive and wouldnt let my family buy one. Please i just need some motivation and help:(

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

2. catherinecherub

catherinecherub · Guest

Hi and welcome to the forum.
    Until another method or a cure is perfected then you are going to have to inject for the rest of your life.

I will bump your post up so that you can get advice from other Type1s as to how to inject successfully.

3. noblehead

noblehead Type 1 · Guru
    Retired Moderator

Catherine is right that you must persevere and take all your insulin injections, do you have the lumps in all the injection sites or is it just in one particular area such as the stomach?

Site rotation is important to avoid injection site problems and the following website has a good diagram of where you can inject:

http://www.bd.com/us/diabetes/page.aspx?cat=7001&id=7261

4. sunday

sunday Parent · Active Member

Hi, I think at your age it is very difficult to have diabetes. You want to do all the things your friends do normal without thinking about bloodsugar and carbs. If I had to do injections it would be difficult because I can´t hurt myself. I even cannot pluck my eyebrows. So you have my respect that you are doing all the diabetes stuff.
    I am now at the age I could be your mother. I remember that at your age I was not interested or thinking about my life with forty. But let me tell you, when you are forty you want to live and you want to have a good life. So please care for you and give your injections. For yourself and your life. When you have to do injections try to think: "This is for me- for feeling good."
    Good luck.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook