TRUyou meter mini

borderter

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes! Celebrities and curry
Got this meter from manufacturer today as need a small meter and kit for hiking and its just great only problem is I cant twist the top of lancer off to get needle in which will only matter when hiking as even the lancer is mini. Interested to hear other views re this meter
Now all i have to do is convince gp to change strip script as this practice uses wavesense jazz and it is to variable in its results unexpectedly

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
Just use your regular lancet? :cyclops:

angelicbaby

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I also have the TRUyou mini. Luckily provided by my surgery to monitor my BG.

The top comes apart where you see the grey line. Hold the lancer by the indentations and twist the bottom section towards you. It should twist off quite easily.

The TRUyou kit uses standard lancets. Once the lancet is in the pen twist the circular top off to expose the needle. Twist Lancer cap back on and you should be good to go.

borderter

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes! Celebrities and curry
Thanks all .Managed to free it now but tell me do you like this meter as much as I do so far

angelicbaby

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
To be fair, I've only been diagnosed a little while and don't have a lot of experience with other meters. The only other meter I have used is the SD codefree (purchased in hindsite, as I had a feeling my surgery would restrict my prescription of test strips (I was correct)). If I had a choice, I would use the TRUEyou as the kit is small enough for handbags etc.

angelicbaby

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oh and another thought ... I don't think it should be too difficult to get your doctor to provide the TRUEyou strips. These strips seem to be on a NHS recommended list as the strips are cheaper for the NHS than others... Not for the public however, these strips are about £25 to buy at a pharmacy. :confused: