trying out the forum - your recommendations please

Snodger

hello...

someone recommended this site to me so I thought I'd take a look. Nice to cyber-meet you all. What do you find most useful about it? Should I go into the topic section for type 1 and lurk there, (I'm type 1 btw) or would that be missing out? how do you all use the forum?
I don't have specific questions to ask at the moment, I am just looking for general support/friendliness from fellow diabetics. I've had the disease for 20 years and only recently have discovered how much easier it is to manage it when you can chat to other diabetics and feel less of a freak. :wink:

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Snodger,

The type 1 section is a good place to start, but have a good read throughout and see if you can pick up any good advice to help with your own diabetes.

Welcome to the forum!

Nigel

Synonym

Dislikes
Having no energy as this is so limiting.
Hi Snodger and welcome. :D

You have found your way to a really good resource with many interesting threads and friendly people always willing to help or chat. 8)

Since you have been diagnosed 20 years you may well have good pointers which will be useful to others. If you only hang about in just the one area you won't 'meet' so many folks. Most of us pop in and out to most of the areas although probably like most T2s I don't often pop into T1.

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
I alway check out the new posts
Hana

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Just check out the new posts, active topics wherever they are. You will find much information about diverse subjects here.

It is an open forum and no one is prevented from posting/answering threads anywhere. It matters not that you may be a type 1, type 2 or any of the many variations of Diabetes. Everybody is allowed to comment and help out if they think they have a valid opinion. Just enjoy the variety and soak up the information, there is always something new we can learn, or advice we can pass on.

Ken

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Snodger
I always check out the new posts list and read through what seems to be interesting, or if it's a plea for help, can I contribute?
I'm a T2 married to a T1 for nearly 40 years, so much of what appears is relevant. I'm also a member of support groups, including DUK and the users panel of my PCT. As such I go to several meetings a year and pick up useful knowledge.
I'm a convinced follower of Richard Bernstein and regular walker.
Hana