Two Quick Questions

galgal

Hi Guys

Just a couple of quick questions. I am keeping to my carb and fruit mainly diet and have been doing fine. I would eat about every two hours or so - usually having a piece of fruit and a coffee around eleven. I find tho when 1 p.m. comes my hands gets very shaky, and I feel wobbly - my readings are always approx. 4.3 to 4.5 - and once I eat again it tends to go. Just wondering why I would get shaky when 4.3 - 4.5 is quite normal reading.

Also heading off to the sun at the weekend for a couple of weeks - any tips for fun in the sun for a type two diabetic. I don't plan on going overboard but I'm sure I will be having a drink or two over the course of the two weeks. Any tips on what I should drink? or anything other holiday tips would be so appreciated to keep me on track.

IanD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Carbohydrates
You will get hungry on a "carb and fruit mainly diet" as they will digest quickly leaving you hungry for more. I suggest you snack on cheese & nuts, which will take longer to digest.

Assuming you will be eating out on holiday, have extra protein & veg rather than carbs.

SYL when you return.

Sue o2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)

Sue o2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
galgal said:
I find tho when 1 p.m. comes my hands gets very shaky, and I feel wobbly - my readings are always approx. 4.3 to 4.5 - and once I eat again it tends to go. Just wondering why I would get shaky when 4.3 - 4.5 is quite normal reading.

Ian it would be your hypo awareness kicking in letting you know your going towards low, so you can correct it at this stage before things get really bad

Sue

bowell

Dislikes
Tablets, Mums with pushchair who push in ,Bus and WC
I am keeping to my carb and fruit mainly diet and have been doing fine. I

I did this a fruit and veg few years back worked out very well
I kept to it for 6 days week had 7th sunday off to eat what ever i liked
(you deff dont have any prob with toilet) :wink:
Yer have a few beers , also most places your find something carby to keep your levels up

Also heading off to the sun at the weekend for a couple of weeks - any tips for fun in the sun for a type two diabetic.

Watch yourself in the heat it will make your BG levels drop a lot faster
first time i went on Hol as T2 I ended up on my knees leaning against a wall ,
with my wife pouring coke down my neck :|

Keep some coke with you and something to snack on
Remember its your holiday so you can fall off the wagon a bit , for two weeks ,,
jump back on when you come home

Keep a close eye on your levels
Otherwise have a good time

Bob

anniep

On the other had some of us find the heat makes our BG levels rise!!!!

So most definitely watch you levels