Type 1 and newly diagnosed Glandular fever and asthma.

flojo1234

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi all,
haven't been on the forum for a while but could really do with some advice!
In mid April I went for a run and when I came back I had a wheezy cough which progressed and ended up in me not being able to breathe or talk. My partner ended up calling an ambulance and I was rushed into resus as my sats had gone down to 68% and spent a night on nebulisers. Whilst conducting some tests, the doctors discovered I had glandular fever which would explain why I had been so tired.
I left the hospital the following day with a diagnosis of asthma and glandular fever and was prescribed a steroid inhaler twice a day and salbutamol as a reliever.
I have been type 1 diabetic for nearly 9 years (I was diagnosed when I was 10) and for the past 2 months or so my Blood sugars have been off the chart- bouncing from high to low constantly. I now presume the glandular fever has caused this, and the steroid inhaler is making it worse, but just wondering if anyone has experienced glandular fever with type 1, or asthma with type 1 and how they dealt with it. My Nurse and consultant are hesitant to change any of my basal rates as they say I need to wait for the glandular fever to take its course.
I have been unable to go back to work since the diagnosis as I have been exhausted and need to nap throughout the day, however I have just been signed off for another 2 weeks and my sick pay ran out last week so now stressed about paying the rent and bills :(
I just feel lost at the moment as need to go back to work for my finances but I am really struggling, and the doctor has mentioned numerous times that if I push myself too hard my glandular fever will develop into Chronic fatigue syndrome and i don't want any part of that.
Any advice would be appreciated, many thanks, Chloe.