Type 1 Diabetes Research Survey

nwdesign

My names is Niall Williams and have been an insulin dependent diabetic for 10 years as I was diagnosed with the condition in my first year of high school when I was 11 years old.

I am now 21 years old and in my final year of Liverpool John Moores University studying Product Design. For my Major Project I have found a design brief called ‘Including You: Designing for people living with long term health conditions’, from looking at this design brief I have chosen to attempt to design a product to help diabetics with their condition which will then be exhibited in May 2010.

As I have firsthand experience of type 1 diabetes growing up as a teenager, I found many problems within day to day life as a diabetic, because of this; I feel the need to try to solve recurring problems caused when living with diabetes.

Diabetes is something I and many others have to live with, but constraints sometimes stop diabetics living the active lifestyle they should be having.

I am researching, to find out as much information about diabetes. The information I collect will be a catalyst for my product concepts to improve the way of life for a diabetic. This survey is to be completed by diabetics and diabetics only to give me a realistic understanding of my target market.

Thank You for taking your time to help with my research, I hope the information you dive can not only help me with my study butalso help tackle constant problem you find in the day to day running of your diabetes.

To help me gain a broad idea of what diabetics like myself think, I need as many people to do this survey. At the moment, my knowledge is based on past experiences, but I don't want my research to be assumption, so please give me a broad picture of what diabetes is to you?

http://FreeOnlineSurveys.com/start.asp?sid=4qvjcznt45p4xtv681401

ham79

Dislikes
diabetes and cbeebies
Re: Diabetes Research Survey

well done and all the best with your project

shedges

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Just filled it in - hope my answers went through properly. :O)

nwdesign

It did go through thank you...the survey has had a great response. I am trying to get as many people to do it then narrow down the information and do a more specific survey to certain problems I have found out in this survey.
The next survey will be posted later this week...would you ever so kindly answer the following survey aswell?

Cheers

Niall