Type 1 for 4yrs, new here.

Lorraine63

Dislikes
Being diabetic
Hi, my name is Lorraine,

I was diagnosed on 24th November 2006 and will never forget that day as long as I live. Looking back I had had symptons for over a year before going to my Dr. I was sent immediately to hospital, stayed for a couple of days and then sent home. I had to go to the chemist for my insulin and they didn't even have any and i had to go to a different chemist. The whole thing was a nightmare. It took 6 months before i could see a dietician and because I am slim she didn't know what to do with me. Her words were oh I'm usually telling people to lose weight I can give you some sheets to take away.

I have had bouts of depression regarding my diabetes and a year ago was very bad as I had been injecting into my buttocks, the only place i can pinch a bit of fat up and it had left me with atrophy. My Dr at the hospital didn't know what to say only that it woyuldn't come back, basically the injections had eaten the muscle away. I now have a like crater in one of my buttocks.

My control is usless, one minute its 8 and the next its 14 and I haven't eaten or done anything.

I hope to get support and understanding from this site, which I found via facebook.

My name is lorraine and I'm a diabetic lol.

Saskia

Hi Lorraine

I'm Saskia and new here as well! Sorry to hear you've got a hard time managing your diabetes. Ever thought about starting on the pump? Just an idea...

Take care,
Saskia :)

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
hya both of you, welcome to the forum, ive been diabetic 6 yrs :D
amanda :D

RJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi

I've been type 1 for nearly four years and last week went on a DAFNE course. It has changed my life already. It really really helps. I felt so alone until last week, everything just felt like guesswork and now think that I my actually be in control. Have you considered it?
Ruth