Type 1 I forgot an injection help!

chelseacee13

I'm type 1 I've been having a hard time recently I'm constantly sleepy! I was asleep most the day yesterday then my glargine injection was supposed to be done last night but I fell asleep without taking it! Do I take it now? Or wait Untill it's due again tonight

dtennant9

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It's up to you but don't take the full dose.
If your going to take it now reduce your dose by the appropriate number of hours.
Alternatively you could just miss it and keep an eye on your levels.
I went away for a night last year and forgot to take it with me. After a frantic call to NHS 24 and a chat with a doctor the consensus was that I would be ok and just to monitor my blood more the next day.

Ambersilva

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
If I had missed my evening injection I would inject it now. Tomorrow, inject in the morning too. If you want to get back to evening injections inject one hour later each day until you get back to the original evening time. Some people prefer morning and others prefer evening.

It doesn't really matter what time the injection is taken as long as it is within one hour of the time of the injection the day before..

Edited the last senence to make more sense to the casual reader...

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 5 people

Ambersilva

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you I'm just going to take it now everyday an hour later Untill it's back up to later

Hello @Chelseacee

I know you understood what I meant but I have edited the last sentence to make more sense to the casual reader.

It doesn't really matter what time the injection is taken as long as it is within one hour of the time of the injection the day before...