type 1 newbie ttc?

jessie01

i have just had my diagnosis changed from a type 2 ? type 1, to a type one for definate,
can anyone tell me if we were ttc what hba1c would be a good level to start a pregnancy?x ( i had gd in my last pregnancy from 6 weeks on insuline from 11 weeks i am assuming any future pregnancies would run along the same lines as that one now im a type 1?)

Hi
I am trying to conceive at the minute and I was given the information in that link above.
The day to day targets are before meals 3.5-5.5 and an hour after meals less than 7.5.
There are other factors for your diabetes team to consider when giving you the green light such as hypos, age, stress caused by trying to get your target down, any reduction made towards the target. My last HBA1c was 7.4% which is above the recommendation but my consultant knows that I can get it down and they are supporting me to do that now whilst I am trying to get pregnant, this is mainly due to the pressure I am putting myself under as I am desperate to be pregnant now.
Hope that helps and good luck

kezz01489

Dislikes
Judgemental people, everyone is entitled to their opinion but when people don't listen they will never learn. I know that cause that's how I used to be.
hi hun im t1 and have two lil boys. best thing is take folic acid while tryong to concieve. and the hospital should induce u at 38 weeks due to diabetes and big baby links. my first boy no prob. a nice 7 lb 10 my second tho was a more difficult pregnancy with him coming 5 weeks early n 8lb 3. its always best to keep as controlled as poss. hun. you ll be fine im sure.

Sent from my GT-S5670 using DCUK Forum mobile app