Type 1

Chloemoore16

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello I am 16 year old, I have had diabetes since I was 5 and half, I never spoke to anyone my own age. I always fell like I can't talk to anyone who else has diabetes it feel like I have to keep everything to my self.

Chloe x

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
Re: Type 1

Chloe, nothing to be ashamed of and I hope you hook up with peple to talk to ! Be proud !

sarah88

Hi Chloe, I'm Sarah, I've had diabetes since I was 11 and I'm 24 now, it took me a long time to stop feeling like you do now, but once I did, it felt much better :) at the end of the day it's always going to be a part of you, but it doesn't define you. It's never something to be ashamed of, no matter how some people make you feel (hopefully you never experience that!)
Some days I feel like telling everyone and some days I keep it to myself. I didn't really become friends with anyone else with diabetes until a couple of years ago but it really does help sometimes.
I hope you find someone you feel you can chat to about it, you're always welcome to message me if you want.
Sarah :)

Chloemoore16

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only

Thanks Sarah, tbh I used to hate having diabetes but then I realised it going to be part of my for ever so I had to accept that I had it. I can't really talk to my mates about it because they don't understand it at all. I would message you if I know how to I only just joined this app xx