1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Type 1'stars R Us

Discussion in 'Type 1 Diabetes' started by Robinredbreast, Jun 10, 2018.

1. Jaylee

Jaylee Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

Mr G Man must be on good money to afford a prestigious criminal law firm on the salary working as an edible toilet door sign...
    Though his "second job" as a hypo stopper is invaluable! :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. jackthejoker

jackthejoker Type 1 · Member

Well done....soooo excited for you... ...It gives me hope that things might get a bit easier for my T1 little girl some day...

• Like Like x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Scott-C

Scott-C Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Whoah, J, we're talking about two different things here, although they do both serve the same purpose at the end of the day.

Yer actual physically baked in the hot hell of an oven G Man is a hypo stopper when you eat him.

The libre G Man is a little gingerbread shaped icon in the libre reader screen which says how much iob there is if you tap him. Hugely useful knowing iob when deciding whether or not to correct or not, so he's doing as much as his baked cousin in reducing hypos.

Cheat code to get it is CAA1C in settings/professional options, and then twiddle through the settings, the wee fella turns up bottom right of the home screen when a bolus is entered.

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. LooperCat

LooperCat Type 1 · Expert

You can only eat what they give you, but I’m so excited by the research that I’ll take one for the team on that.

Just arrived at my mum’s after an eight hour, 300 mile slog with a breakdown in Oxfordshire. That I fixed, because I’m amazing :couchpotato: Clearly being part cyborg has enhanced my mechanical abilities.

Sugars been a bit pants, I suspect it’s the beginning of shark week resistance but didn’t want to up my basal rate with so many miles to cover this evening. Just corrected as and when. Have upped it now, so let’s hope it’ll settle down.

• Like Like x 3
    • Hug Hug x 2
  5. DCUKMod

DCUKMod I reversed my Type 2 · Master
    Staff Member Administrator

Yes, I can see in a trial/study they'd want that sort of control.

I'm only majorly in awe of your mechanical abilities. My repair solution would be to call the recovery people, whilst sulking like mad.

• Like Like x 2
  6. karen8967

karen8967 Type 1 · Master

Goodnight everyone sleep well

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. kitedoc

kitedoc Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Is part of the study about one's ability to survive hospital food??

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. karen8967

Good morning everyone have a great weekend off into town later for a few drinks and something to eat

• Like Like x 4
  9. karen8967

FB_IMG_1540223331206.jpg

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Alison54321

Alison54321 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

In gingerbread man world there is a different currency.

• Like Like x 4
  11. SueJB

SueJB Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Morning all, I had a cruddy night's sleep and woke to find I'd put on half a kilo ...HOW???
    and for another kick in the posterior... Madam BG is up to her usual tricks 6.4
    It also rained yesterday so the 75 tulips are still patiently waiting to be planted
    On a brighter note, it's sunny and it feels warmer.

• Like Like x 2
    • Hug Hug x 2
  12. hh1

hh1 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Just catching up after a day with no access - @Mel dCP what amazing news! So excited to hear how this goes for you

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. smc4761

smc4761 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Oh I would be over the moon with a 6.4

• Like Like x 2
  14. kev-w

kev-w Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Morning y'all, a waking 11,1 rising to 12 by the time I'd got downstairs, and I'm sitting at my pc watching the rain turn to flipping snow, yeah snow, only 5 minutes worth but I'm not happy as I planned to give the lawns their last cut ready for the last 'green' bin collection next week.
    Child went back to mums yesterday so the house is very quiet and I've a weekend catching up on things I've neglected to do whilst she was here, gym later and some chilling after that :)

Edit; @Mel dCP good luck with your trial!

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Japes

Japes LADA · Well-Known Member

Yippee! Whilst 9.5 is not the greatest to wake up to, after cake and chips yesterday evening it could've been so much worse, I am not complaining and it's adjusted back down after a brisk hour's walk in the autumnal chill and glorious sunshine.

I've decided I don't like the word "correction" and am going for adjusting instead.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Japes

Japes LADA · Well-Known Member

Just been watching pictures of snow on the weather forecasts! That is so unreasonable in October.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. DCUKMod

DCUKMod I reversed my Type 2 · Master
    Staff Member Administrator

Does the gingerbread man like Gingerbread Gin (my latest infusion experiment)?

• Like Like x 2
  18. Alison54321

Alison54321 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hmmmm............... a bit cannabalistic I would say. But in gingerbread man land who knows what is acceptable.

• Funny Funny x 2
  19. Robinredbreast

Robinredbreast Type 1 · Oracle

Good morning and Happy Saturday to you all, no work today, yayyyyyyyyyyy :happy::happy::happy::happy::happy::happy::happy::happy::happy:
    I was awoken this morning by a strange noise outside, it was a neighbour scraping his car windshield, frost !:wideyed: and so bright and sunny outside :joyful:
    Awoke on a 3.7. so many hypo's yesterday and before bed, as the job can be physical and very busy too. Going to put the washing out on the line now and hoping to have a non pressured, relaxing, chilled out day, that would be bliss.
    Don't forget :- PUT YOUR CLOCKS BACK SUNDAY edited - @ 2am, (well I do mine before I go to bed) so an extra hour for us all :)

• Like Like x 5
  20. Robinredbreast

Robinredbreast Type 1 · Oracle

Frost here Kev, but the skies are so bright and sunny. Hope you BS will sort it's self out soon :) and enjoy your chilled out weekend :)

• Like Like x 3
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook