type 2 and victoza not working

tammy37

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Can you please advise me. I am type 2 and have been on victoza since January. I don't think the victoza is working. I'm on 1.2 in the morning. When I get up my blood sugar levels are between 12 and 16. If I don't eat it drops to 6.6 but as soon as I eat again it goes up to 10 and doesn't come back down. I have spoken to the diabetes nurse at my doctors and she doesn't know what to do. She is referring me into the community.i haven't lost weight on the victoza but I haven't gained either my weight is 13 stone 6 and I am just under 5ft 4. I can't take metformin as it gives me stomach cramps and I struggle with oral medication big style. Is there anything else that you can advise please i am worried. My blood was 59 and has come back this time at 79. Thankyou

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Tammy,

Perhaps it is your diet? Have you reduced your carb consumption, and if so, by how much? . Maybe you could give us an idea of a typical day's food and we may have some way of helping. Sadly, none of us can rely solely on medication. Maybe you could give us an idea of a typical day's food and we may have some way of helping.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
What sort of things are you eating, and where does your blood sit, just before you go to bed?

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. I'm afraid it will be your diet; too many carbs. Let us know typical foods you eat and perhaps we can suggest changes. Do ask for Metformin SR (Slow Release) if you haven't been prescribed that version. It is much kinder and helps if you are overweight.