Type 2 Diabetes Risk Indicator Test

Unbeliever

I ust came across his test on this site and was interested o find that i scored 26 which means that I would means a low risk of developing T2. Alas I have developed it !

I was interested to note that this is despite having a sibling and a parent with T2.

has anyone else done this and were they surprised by the result?

Does anyone know how this is assessed? Is it he number of risk facors an individual might have
or do some factors conribute more than others o the risk?

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Can you give me a link to this. I did a search and didn't find it. Thanks :)

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
Here ya go daisy http://www.diabetes.co.uk/diabetes-test.html

I just tried it and I scored 56 with a small risk of developing diabetes but here I am :cry: makes me wonder why they bother with these rubbish tests.

Are you overweight STEREOTYPE ALERT
Are you under 65 years old and exercise infrequently STEREOTYPE ALERT

As if it isn't hard enough already to deal with these stereotypes now D.C.UK are inferring we are fat and lazy :roll:

(not impressed smiley)

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Thanks Sid for the link. I was looking in this forum. I did the test and by coincidence I also came out at 56. Long before I was diagnosed I had been rather overweight but was only slightly overweight at diagnosis. What does that mean? Does that mean I had diabetes for a long time before knowing it? Possibly since I didn't bother to do yearly blood tests. Or else the weight didn't give me diabetes at all :shock: Never did do much exercise though until I was diagnosed. I have a
type 1 cousin but I am type 2.

C

catherinecherub

Hi Daisy,
In my case it seems to rely on age.

Over 45 I have a score of 37. If I cheat and put under 45 then my risk is 19.

Unbeliever

Interesting. Could be very misleading though.

I have already suffered from stereotyping by having my suggestion that I might be diabetic rubbished by doctors, ten years before i was finally and accidentally, diagnosed.

Had i come across that test at the ime I would have been totally reassured by my score of 26,
probably even less at the time, and might even have felt inclined to apologise for wasting the GP's time :D

Sterotypes are not only odious but often dangerous as well.Sometimes I feel almost obliged to apologise for not being overweight , exercising daily and never having smoked!

These people who ust won't fit into the pigeonholes provided!
When I started to put on weight with he medication there was almost oy and delight shown by the HCP's and even by friends and family. At last i was beginning to fit the stereotype!

I suppose he fact that diabetics can and do come in all shapes and sizes would not i into the anti-obesity campaign.

I