Type 2 Diet controlled great news.

snowballnc700

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just wanted to say a Big Thank You to this sites members for all the info that has enabled me to control my type 2 by diet, I was diagnosed on 3/9/13 and my practice nurse recommended this site for advice and information. I looked at a low carb forum on here and bought a test meter and strips and began a steep learning curve. I took to the diet change easily with the exception of breakfast, which I have now sorted out.My hba1c result of 36 could not have been achieved without this forum ,I have spoken to my practice nurse who is delighted . On top of that I lost 6kgs weight without trying on the low carb diet.. I haven,t felt hungry or tired and have tons of energy. Many thanks to all, regards Dave.

Reactions: 17 people

SueKen

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Dave
Sounds like we are in a similar position. Breakfast also flummoxes me. What have you ended up doing?
I have porridge and berries, which does spike me but I come down again quickly, or poached egg on a slice of burgen toast if I have more time. Neither of these options work if I need to eat breakfast "on the run"........
Sue

snowballnc700

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Sue, Alpen no added sugar worked for me, 55gms with semi skimmed milk gave me 6.7bg 2hrs after,like you i needed a quick brekky for when I am running late, Scrambled eggs on Burgen bread is good too.

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The forum may have told you what to do but you are still the one who had to go ahead and do it.

Give yourself a pat on the back!

Pavlos

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Incontrol?

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just wanted to say a Big Thank You to this sites members for all the info that has enabled me to control my type 2 by diet, I was diagnosed on 3/9/13 and my practice nurse recommended this site for advice and information. I looked at a low carb forum on here and bought a test meter and strips and began a steep learning curve. I took to the diet change easily with the exception of breakfast, which I have now sorted out.My hba1c result of 36 could not have been achieved without this forum ,I have spoken to my practice nurse who is delighted . On top of that I lost 6kgs weight without trying on the low carb diet.. I haven,t felt hungry or tired and have tons of energy. Many thanks to all, regards Dave.

Well done re your self-help programme, looks life it is working wonders x