Type 2 & Digestion problems

Moi C

I am constantly getting a feeling of sickness which makes me feel like i have a bug. This takes me quite short sometimes and my digestive system comes under attack. I see a reflexologist every month and she has said for some time that she finds a problem with my digestive system. This really has been more common in the last 2 years from when i was diagnosed.

Is this normal and can I take anything to stop it or dumb it down. I lose a couple of days of work through this (not that that takes priority now). I have learnt that my health is more important these days.

Thank You,

Moira :(

Dennis

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
People who join web forums to be agressive and cause trouble
Hi Moira,
The symptoms you describe could be due to a tummy bug or, if you have them over a long period, are more likely to be to do with your diet. The nausea feeling can sometimes be a result of blood sugar running at too high a level. Cah you give us some idea of your HBA1C and what your typical daily blood sugar levels are?

Moi C

Hello Dennis,

Usually my blood levels are extremely good - my last HBAIC was around 5.8! Yesterday i fluctuated from below 5 to upwards of 11.1 in a day.

Dennis

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
People who join web forums to be agressive and cause trouble
Hi Moira,
It sounds like your BS is generally under control (although 11.1 is extremely high - presumably this was after a high-carb meal?). Another alternative that you might want to get checked is a gluten intolerance. I have a friend who developed this and had similar symptoms of feeling sick, but in particular after a meal that contained wheat products. It doesn't sound diabetes-linked but there are so many things that could be causing this that it would be wise to consult your doctor about the problem.

Moi C

fortunatley I am seein my GP on Thursday so this will be a good opportunity to discuss at this time. Thank you for your help up to now. Be back to let you know how I get on.

Moi, :)

jopar

moi

Are you taking meformin by any chance this can upset the stomac, for most this side effect dissappears after a short time, but there are those that can't torrate metformin and need a slight change to there treament

Moi C

Hello,

No I do not take any medication at all so that is ruled out. I am trying my hardest not to go down that route for as long as possible.