type 2 on insulin advice

axle 222

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to do what I would like to be able to do
Hello I posted before but must have done something wrong because it's not showing......
Anyway,had monthly call from DN. She wants my pre meal readings to be below 8 and says not to be concerned with after levels....Really????
I take 20 units lantus am and 2-3-4- units apidra prior to meals. My readings awaking can be 3.2 to 9.0 but generally sit around mid 4s.(yay)!! After breakfast and a lot of medication unrelated to diabetes,it will go to mid 5's but pre-lunch will be 7-8-9 . If I've to be below 8 prior to meals how do I do that? And if type 2 range is between 4-8 how come I'm not to worry about after levels? All seems confusing to me... I read forum and about importance of levels so why am I being told they are not a concern?
I have limited mobility and a very restricted diet,no wholemeal pulses nuts grains. No peas corn cauliflower cabbage kale,restricted fruits,so food choices are limited. Any advice would be of great help as meeting with DN next week and I'd like to be able to question and back up with people's experiences... many thanks....

axle 222

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to do what I would like to be able to do
No, I had headed it pre-meal levels advice......not to worry it's showing this one now and hopefully someone will advise me...thanks noblehead for searching...

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
@axle222, don't see a thread entitled 'Pre-meal levels advice' but good luck and hope you find the answers you are looking for.