Type 2 on insulin

annepgill

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Ignorance,racism
Evening everyone need some help,
I am type 2 on metformin plus novorapid and lantus night time this is the second time I have experienced this
My blood sugar is dropping all day no matter what I eat and it's making me feel really ill somewhat confused,headaches and light headed has anyone else had this or can advise please by the way I have not taken any insulin at all today thanks
Anne

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
Sounds like you're taking too much insulin, probably basal. Are you testing regularly ?

annepgill

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Ignorance,racism
I test 4 times daily night time lantus is 12 units daytime according to what I eat but none today as it keeps dropping very confusing thanks Mo

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
I test 4 times daily night time lantus is 12 units daytime according to what I eat but none today as it keeps dropping very confusing thanks Mo

Surely it's the novorapid that should alter according to what you eat ? Do you carb count at all ? Is this a recent thing, feeling lousy ? It may be an idea to test if your basal is correct but you need to keep a diary of readings, food and insulin taken for a few days.

annepgill

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Ignorance,racism
Yes it is the novorapid Mo I haven't taken any at all today feeling so ill and keeping dropping it's quite scary has only happened once before

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
So are you still taking background insulin ? What are your BG readings today. ? Starving yourself can't be good though !

annepgill

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Ignorance,racism
Today I have had readings of 2.6 and 3.8 and I am constantly taking dextrose it's amazing my sugars aren't hitting the roof but not starving Mo

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
Well, unless something else is happening, if you're not eating and you're steadily dropping throughout the day, your basal is too high. That's where you need to start. If it is just today, I wouldn't change anything yet. Give it another day and see what happens.

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
You're welcome Anne. Hope you feel better tomorrow and feel free to ask anything anytime ! Take care !
Mo