type 2 since Oct2011

wilts yeoman

Hi all

last week had test results with the Diabetic Nurse, all going well, metfromin 3 x a day, 1 x Atorvastin, now issued Januvia 100mg 1 x daily , revisit in 3 months, everyone I know with Type 2 blood tests etc,and they have all the Gadgets etc,However when I asked the Doctor & the Nurse should I not be testing, they said NO?, as I am still in a postion to reverse my affects? and the testing they perform is ample? with Diet & medication they say, meanwhile, all the medication gives me no problems, I think my HBac1? reading was 102? have lost 8 stone since diagnosed and am now 19-20 stone, Telecomunications engineer and active aged 46, Eat Drink sensible meanwhile Should I be testing?
Regards
Wilts Yeoman :roll:

Fraddycat

Hi WY, in my opinion yes you should be testing. If your Doc will not prescribe you a blood glucose monitor then you will have to buy your own. The benefit of having a meter is that you can test the effect foods have on your BG and then cut out or at least eat only occasionally those foods that cause a spike. Its known as 'eating to your meter'.

Well done with the changes you have made, I bet you feel loads better!!

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. I was reading the lastest Oct 2012 NICE Diabetes Pathway info online yesterday (Google it) and it now recommends self-testing for those on medication. You might want to download this, print it out and show it to your Doctor & Nurse; it's an excellent document and even has the right diet advice now. They still won't prescribe the stuff but it may stop them promoting the nonsense about not testing. My GP has exactly the same stance even though I'm on three-level tablets.

wilts yeoman

Hi Fraddycat & Daibell

Many Thanks, will now put some presure on Sheila (the Diabetic nurse) & Dr Rupert Beswick......for Glucose testing,as will be returning to the surgery with my urine Sample,as requested.......feel Awesome, new wardrobe, and dont look to bad for a sixties child!

Regards
Wilts Yeoman