1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Type 2 weight loss journey?

Discussion in 'Weight Loss and Dieting' started by Glyko, May 6, 2022.

1. Glyko

Glyko · Well-Known Member

I'm looking for documented weight loss journeys in people with type 2 diabetes...eg. Youtube, Instagram.

If you have any suggestions, I'd be thankful!

• Like Like x 1
  2. bulkbiker

bulkbiker Type 2 · Oracle

• Like Like x 2
  3. Glyko

Glyko · Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  4. Andydragon

Andydragon Type 2 (in remission!) · Moderator
    Staff Member

There are plenty on the forum. Why are you looking in particular?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Rachox

Rachox Type 2 (in remission!) · Moderator
    Staff Member

• Like Like x 1
  6. Debandez

Debandez Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

So many examples on here as @Rachox has said and supplied link to the many success stories.

Another of my favourite sites is Diet Doctor:

https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb/success-stories

People sharing their journeys from every angle. It really is absolutely fantastic.

A great site for inspirational stories and also lots of up to date info, videos, recipes, weight loss meal plans, infographs (amazing visuals) And so much more.

https://www.dietdoctor.com/

When i was diagnosed type 2 in December 2017 i was devastated. I googled 'reversing diabetes' and it brought me to diabetes co.uk and this wonderful forum. I lost a lot of weight quickly and have maintained the >50 lb weightloss for over 4 years. Never EVER done this before. Could not have done it without the amazing people on this forum who give their time so willingly, share their knowledge so generously. Forever grateful.

I share my journey whenever and wherever i can. This is a recent podcast with the wonderful Daisy Brackenhall 'Keto Woman'. You may find it helpful.

Part 1

https://open.spotify.com/episode/7G...i=edX8aRXsRFuC_Aa4ifIZmQ&utm_source=copy-link

Part 2

https://open.spotify.com/episode/7G...i=edX8aRXsRFuC_Aa4ifIZmQ&utm_source=copy-link

• Like Like x 2
  7. Higaomo

Higaomo · Active Member

It sounds like I’m where you were 4 years ago (I weighed 14st 8lb last summer, now 9st 12lb), which gives me huge encouragement that I can maintain this long term :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Resurgam

Resurgam Type 2 (in remission!) · Expert

My weightloss is undocumented as I did not even realise it was going on.

9. marzak

marzak Type 2 · Active Member

I think my consultant was to use me as an example! However alongside the weight loss which was 7kg from 67kg and extremely fast I took up running, swimming, gym and cycling. I have not eaten a cake or a biscuit or a dessert in 3 years as I am accepting that all sugary and white carbs that I overindulged in cannot become part of my life ever again so I don't end up on drugs; constantly self testing or start losing toes etc. .. It began as an extreme very determined approach to start with and it worked with reversal in about 5 months. After tapering off I still stick rigidly to my refusal to eat the wrong things and continue with hard exercise. It's my body and I must look after it and not expect an outside cure. Many folk won't agree with me but there are lots of fab things to enjoy that aren't cake, confectionery or ice cream if you reset your palate. Good luck.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Debandez

You've done amazing. Well done.

I do keep my eye on the ball. When my mum passed away 14 years ago I stopped weighing myself as it no longer seemed important. Not one of my best decisions. I weigh most days. Not for everyone but it suits me. I don't want to go back up. The low carb way of eating is a game changer for maintaining. The healthy fats keep you full for longer. I eat when I'm hungry, usually twice a day (rarely have breakfast, usually just a coffee and cream). I don't get food cravings and don't feel the need to snack as I did pre dx. If only low carb advice was offered by all HCPs :-(

• Like Like x 2
  11. Debandez

I made another video sharing how I put my type 2 into reverse and lost 50lbs in weight too. A side effect of low carb

45 minutes and 79 slides showing my journey which I hope will help others and give hope.

• Winner Winner x 2
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook