Type 2

Roy_Thwaites

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Agree that the same thing happened to me with medicos. Just have to find my own personal information. Thanks to Diabetes UK for someone to turn to the Aussie sitr is not as good

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Start again Roy since this this thread is not making any sense at the moment
Roy is a Newbie. He has already posted under Type 2 Metformin thread, and this is presumably a follow on. Roy has had the info pack from Daisy1.

Hi Roy, guess medics and healthcare are similar wherever you are. Some good, some bad. You did not ask any question in this thread, so we are at a loss as to where you intended this thread to go.

Feel free to ask, someone is bound to reply.

Reactions: 2 people

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Life is a death sentence, if you think of it that way. :)

Diabetes is just something you get used to living with
There are 3 million of us here in the D club UK branch, and membership is growing every day. It is a shock, but do the research and see what others say. You are not alone.

kokhongw

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well confused and discomfort by the diagnosis seems like a death sentence
It is a life sentence actually and pretty much a renewed life that is...

Last edited by a moderator:

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Not very helpful
I understand your reaction, Roy. I agreed with that posting since I too was quite low after 10 years and seeing what seemed to be for me an impossible situation. My GP wanted me on insulin, which for me seemed the end of the world. But we agreed that if I took proactive measures, and took control of my life, and demonstrated I could succeed in reducing my very high bgl levels, then he would support me in terms of self monitoring, and also self medicating,
I experimented with several things, and I shared a graph of my progress in the Success stories section as My Personal Journey. I have finally found a solution for me which was the LCHF diet. I feel empowered, and my GP is still supporting me. I am no longer under threat of insulin, and my bgl is below the danger zone

I think if you can find the means within to take control of your situation and own your diabetes rather than fear it, then you will find that you have inner strength to master it, and as said above - take your life back.