1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Type one diabetic and Mount Kilimanjaro!

Discussion in 'Diabetes Events' started by Leah01, Aug 9, 2015.

1. Leah01

Leah01 Type 1 · Member

Hi all,

I am type one diabetic (reached my five mile diagnosis milestone this year). My boyfriend and I are climbing Mount Kilimanjaro for Diabetes UK in January 2016.

For those of you with the condition, or know somebody living with it, you can appreciate how challenging it is on a daily basis. Diabetes UK are an amazing but overlooked charity, they give so much to us who are diagnosed with the condition and make our lives easier and easier as the years go on, so I would love to give something back. Can you please all go on our justgiving page and sponsor us any amount. I am biased but it's such a good cause, PLEASE help us to give something back.

https://www.justgiving.com/LeahDrewitt-JimmySmith/

T ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1439148007.116580.jpg ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1439148017.921849.jpg hank you SO much!

Leah

• Like Like x 2
  2. himtoo

himtoo Type 1 · Well-Known Member
    Retired Moderator

excellent cause -- good luck -- be safe
    just donated :)

3. Leah01

Leah01 Type 1 · Member

Thank you SO much! We appreciate your comments and donation more than words can describe. Thank you!!!

4. ewelina

ewelina Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Good luck!Excellent cause and what a great challenge. My biggest achievement so far is Snowdon but would be up for some proper adventure :)

• Like Like x 2
  5. Leah01

Leah01 Type 1 · Member

Thank you! Will be a challenge and a half and that's without the diabetes! Well done you for tackling Snowdon! You should consider Kilimanjaro

6. ewelina

ewelina Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Actually I may one day. I like thinking that I can do whatever I like despite having diabetes which is true but requires lots of planning and sometimes strong nerves! ive done solo travelling in Asia and I think that was the biggest challenge so far. I didnt reslise how comforting its to have someone next to you until I was far away on my own.
    Im sure you will have a great adventure snd will be extremely proud of yourself. Maybe you could write about the whole experience on a website/blog. That would be very inspiring for all of us :)

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook