Type2 on mixed insulin and eating too much Protein. I love it all. Very low carbing + v. very low su

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Hi everyone.
I feel I've had a on/off working lchf diet which I've mastered only 2-3 days of the months I've tried to accomplish fat burning.
I keep eating too much protein. I've replaced fruit and majority of carbs with protein instead of equal protein and fat.
I'm losing a little weight which I thought was more. Not eating enough fat hence still having to take 30, 30 and 44 mixed insulin ontop of canagliflozin tablet.
Is my heavy protein intake causing the need for insulin jabs or at least some of it?

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
I'm on a mixed insulin too and at 88 IU a day hunger and snacking is inevitable. Nuts and protein are better than carbohydrates. Still need the odd biscuit when I am low though.

Reactions: 2 people

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Just reading up on soy milk and cauliflower is not good for my thyroid. Also the common culprits carbs and sugar.
I'm feeling overwelmed with how bad my low fat diet has been for me.
Might have to change back to skimmed milk instead of soya.
I'm desperate to get the right eating plan for my underactive thyroid and type2 diabetes.
I increased my fat and decreased mu protein yesterday but vomitted before bed and this morning.
My body isnt used to the fat. Lard and margarine yes but I cannot see me using lard for a fried egg but I wouldn't write it off.

Reactions: 2 people