Uh..Ohh..I've run out of test strips!

squeezelouise400

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Oh dear!
I test about 8 times a day, before and after meals and sometimes more when I am out and about and can't believe I can be sooooooo stupid to forget to collect my test strips yesterday !! Its the weekend and I am begining to get worried, as my hypo warnings are none existant. My local PCT have told me they can not get a doctor to write me a prescription for test strips and for me to call Go to doc which I did about 10 minutes ago, I am currently waiting for them to call back.

I would be interested to know if anyone else has run out of test strips at the weekend and what, if any was the solution?

I shall keep you informed!

squeezelouise400

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I got a call back from a Doctor who has prescribed my test strips which I can collect from Boots the chemist in an hour, and to say I am relieved is an understatement!!
I live alone so if anything happened no one would know.

Reactions: 2 people

dave1961

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Go to your local chemist you use. Explain situation and they usually give you a pack and then take it off you prescription. Well they do here in Kent. Hope it helps.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Indiana91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have two different makes of monitor that use different strips just in case I forget the ones I prefer.

Walk in centres can write you prescriptions and you can buy test strips too.

Glad it's all sorted!

Indiana x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

squeezelouise400

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hello everyone and thanks for your replies and advice.

Yeah I live only round the corner from my local walk in clinic but they would not get a doctor to give me a prescription, they gave a number to call instead and fortunatly a Doctor faxed a prescription over to my local Boots chemist so I am happy now!! I have my test strips and the panic is over! I test about 8 to 9 times a day so I don't like running out.

I just wanted people to know there is a solution out there if they are ever in the same situation as I was today.
By the way, they were absalutely brillaint on the 'Go To Doc' line, very helpful. If anyone is interested or needs their help click the link below -:

http://www.gtdhealthcare.co.uk/

Reactions: 2 people
A

AnnieC

Hello everyone and thanks for your replies and advice.

Yeah I live only round the corner from my local walk in clinic but they would not get a doctor to give me a prescription, they gave a number to call instead and fortunatly a Doctor faxed a prescription over to my local Boots chemist so I am happy now!! I have my test strips and the panic is over! I test about 8 to 9 times a day so I don't like running out.

I just wanted people to know there is a solution out there if they are ever in the same situation as I was today.
By the way, they were absalutely brillaint on the 'Go To Doc' line, very helpful. If anyone is interested or needs their help click the link below -:

http://www.gtdhealthcare.co.uk/
Glad you got sorted in the end