ulcers

busybee2

can any one tell me what a ulcer looks like a have neuropathy in my feet and legs and not quite sure whar a ulcer is

jean sercombe

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Ulcers tend to look like "sunken sores". Thsy form crusty tops, but remain sunken. They may well have red margins. Look in Google Images unde Diabetic leg ulcers.
They can take over a year to heal and nurses dispair of them.
T1 husband has had them over the years. None since I instituted low carbs for him too.
Hana

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
An Ulcer is simply the destruction of the skins surface tissues which results in an open sore. There are several types depending on where they are situated.

You mention legs and feet so I am hoping you are talking about a Venous Ulcer which occurs on the lower leg or ankle. Usually caused by chronic hypertension in the deep leg veins, due to the destruction of the valvular system in the vein. This is usually first seen as an oedema (swelling), sometimes eczema and bleeding into the skin that leaves a brown stain.

Here is a link to a Video with a talk by a Consultant about the subject: For some reason you can only copy and paste this one ?

nhs.uk/video/pages/medialibrary.aspx?Id={DDDC1AC3-E7FC-4B58-A71A-BAC707930137}&Uri=video/2010/2.February/Pages/Venouslegulcer.aspx

IF ANYBODY IS SQUEAMISH.......PLEASE DO NOT WATCH THE VIDEO.

Ken