Type 2 Unable to maintain balance between weight and food

pankajkr333

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello Friends,

I am 5'11" and my recent HBA1C was 7.2 (OR 55 in IFCC). I weigh around 71KGs, so I can't reduce my weight further. If I eat a low carb diet, my weight goes further down and I feel low on energy but if I eat more food and carbs, my sugar level goes high.

What to eat so that I can maintain a proper balance between weight and sugar levels? Also, I am vegetarian, so that leaves me with very few choices, looking for some guidance in this.

lessci

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
add fat, this will help to maintain weight whilst not affects your BG's (avocoado, tree nuts, coconut, olive oil, butter, cheese)

pankajkr333

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You mean reduce carbs content and replace it with Fat content. My body won't store fat and increase sugar levels?

VashtiB

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I think the intention is to eat sufficient fat so that you don't lose weight. I agree that replacing carbs with fat while also making sure you have sufficient protein. So make sure that you start with protein. Also you may want to check that you are having enough salt in your diet. With the lack of processed foods to is actually possible to be low on salt. I think it nearly killed my doctor to tell me to eat more salt.

Reactions: EllieM