Unexplained BS from Frappucino..

claridge

Dislikes
Rude arrogant people
Hiya,

I had a coffee Frappuccino from starbucks the other day (with lots of cream on the top) on the walk to my Meditation class. After the class (2 hours later) my BS level was in the normal range... l dont understand how after checking the carb content in Frappuccino- around 45. Unless the cream helped... or the Mediation helped to lower my BS. Im a low carber type one. Got to say it was Declicciousss!!!! Might try it again and check my BS half an hour afterwards!
Also another question... does anyone know if the carb content of a banana would be a lot less if l were to eat a small green one as a. smaller and b. green so the sucrose hasnt formed.?
Thanks all, Jo x

ma5on

Hey Jo

If I can have Frappuccinos then I'll start meditating too!!!

Seriously though, the cream on it would have slowed the absorption of the carbs so that would have been steadier.....apart from that, I am SO jealous!!! I used to love them but now have to mnake do with a slurp of my husband's Strawberries and Cream....am drooling now....

WRT the banana thing, I was always told that green ones were lower GI than yellow/brown ones - the riper they are the higher the GI. Not sure if this affects the carb count, but definitely the absorption!

I'm off to make some squash and pretend it's a venti frap!!! :lol:

ma5on x