Unpredictable Hypos, please help!

Pepsi Max

Hi guys, I'm looking for some advice. Since Monday I have been having 2-3 hypos in a day with no logical explanation. I've reduced my basal rates & in some cases have under calculated my carb to insulin intake & still had hypos! I don't know what else to do, can any body shed any light to this? I haven't exercised at all this week in fear that I go really low & pass out! 2 things that have changed for me this week & I don't know if these would be a factor, 1. I am on a break from my contraceptive pill & 2 I unofficially started slimming world ( I say unofficially as I didn't join a class but I am referring to their plans/recipes) any way hopefully there is some advice out there because for the first time I'm finding diabetes exhausting & debilitating! And today is my 9 year anniversary of diagnoses!

Diabetic Warrior since 2005

Riri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The conservative party, people who are cruel to animals and aggressive people
This happened to me last Thursday/Friday//sat. Nothing had changed, no additional exersize but I had used a fairly new cannula insertion point in my stomach below my belly button so I have put it down to this. Saying that, at some points during the year I have to either decrease or increase my basal rates almost completely to counteract hypos or high sugars. There never seems to be a reason just my body needing more or less insulin. Unfortunately sometimes there isn't one thing you can put it down to and you just need to do some basal testing to see if your basals need to come down further. Are you running a temporary basal at the moment? I went down to 90/95% for about 12hrs during the day last weekend to stop the hypos. All the best.