unwell after hypos

margaretking

hi, i have been on insulin since august 4 times a day. i have had a few hypos but have dealt with them fine as i usally catch them early. i have had two that were pretty horrid, one after a night shift where i took my usual insulin and breakfast but woke 4 hours later at midday, i must have slept through most of it as i was feeling like passing out and my BG was 1.9, this happened again this morning but i had a full nights sleep and woke feeling the same at 0430. what i would like to know is, i felt really bad after these two episodes very tired, nauseous and headachy, i didn't go to work today and feel guilty about it, but i slept till just before lunch my BG was 1.2 at 0430 then went up to 20.2 after now its down to 9.8, i just want reassured that what i feel like is pretty normal.thanks for reading.

Addy

Hi,
I can relate to what you've been through, I can go through days with multiple hypos and go into a bounce where my levels shoot up and then down and i feel absolutely awful. I guess it is fairly normal to feel like that when you've had a really bad time like that because your body is put through a lot of stress.

...falling is not the problem, it's when you land...

sugar

Hi,

yes, completely normal! Sometimes I feel just fine straight away...once the extra carbs ahve kicked in, and sometimes I feel nauseaous for a couple of hours. I think sometimes this becayse the hypo was severe, and sometimes because I have actually gone from hypo to hyper. Hope you are feeling better!

margaretking

hi thanks for reading guys, i feel better knowing its not just me, i do have a really good nurse, but talking to someone who actually knows what it feels like is so much better.