Update from consultant

Linagirl

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Hiya
I saw the stroke consultant yesterday and he says on balance he thinks that I did not have a stroke or Tia and had a hypoglycaemic attack which his brilliant news for me. I still have a way to go to get better As my thyroid is still giving me stick and I do feel odd sometimes although a lot of that is RH.

Today I had a prawn salad for lunch and it had an orange dressing. I felt so tired after eating it and really washed out and thirsty. I tested my blood and it was 7.9. I know that isn't high but I felt ill and I'm sure it's because my blood doesn't go high like that anymore.

Tonight I did a 3 mile walk and I was 5.1 after. Ate a curry and was 5.1 again at two hours.

Had a coconut choc yoghurt at ten and feel tired again so will check again shortly.

Many thanks for all the support you guys give. Seeing the RH guru 18th February .....roll on :)

Emma x

Reactions: 11 people

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Things are sort of sorting themselves out Emma!
Hopefully, you can get the little episodes like the prawn cocktail and by testing eke out the unseen things that push up our bloods to much.
It all about experimenting and testing.
Not long to see your consultant!
Hope you have all your questions and symptoms wrote down and make sure you take your food diary and readings especially any hypo readings!
He will appreciate the effort!
Be honest and it will be fine, and your consultant will probably surprise you.

Reactions: 8 people

Kaz261

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
Diet only
That's great news about the stroke/TIA! Must be a real relief for you. Onwards and upwards. Let us know how it goes on the 18th. Would be interesting to see what tests your consultant recommends for you. I'm still not convinced mine was quite thorough enough, but we will see.

Take care xx

Reactions: 3 people

Linagirl

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Spoke to rheumatologist today and he is saying please stay on the clopidogrel till had the other tests. Good job I checked!! #nojoinedupthinking!

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Making progress then!

And really good news to have official confirmation about the stroke.
:D

Reactions: 2 people

Linagirl

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Indeed Brun slowly ruling things out. I've joined a vit d forum in Facebook run by a lady called Susan Rex Ryan which is brilliant too. Loads of great research you should take a look xx

Linagirl

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
More updates!

Had all my autoimmune results back and I am clear on lupus and the anticoagulant positive I had last time was negative this time!

This leads me back to all of my issues being RH although I still don't understand why I collapsed in the restaurant after eating though.

I have had read a lot over recent weeks about adrenal fatigue and hypoglycaemia can be a main symptom as can an inability to handle stress so I have sent off a salivary adrenal profile to Genova diagnostics. Will update when I have the results xx

Reactions: 4 people

Linagirl

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Thank you both. Not sure but I would think definitely the low carb eating. For me giving up gluten has helped a lot. My gastric issues have settled. I take a probiotic and try to drink bone broth and I am supplementing vitamin d as it was low.

Linagirl

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
I am also taking vitamin c and magnesium. I started b12 but it made me have muscle twitching again which I didn't understand.

Linagirl

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Off to see consultant today. Bolton here we come. Cross everything for me guys xx

Kaz261

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
Diet only
Hope all went well today Emma. Been thinking about you x

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes