Update on my diabetes as a recently diagnosed

hawnet

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
judgemental people, billy liars,
Hello again I thought I may appraise you of my journey so far, what little it is.

So, I was on 3 X 500 metformin per day, put straight onto that amount without any gradual increase. I have adopted a very low carb diet eating mainly meats, fish, and veg (low GI only) treat myself to sugar free jelly and use fage full fate greek yoghurt for breakfast or dessert (flavoured with cinnamon, sliced almonds, flax, sweetener). It has taken my body about 7 weeks to start to drop weight which in the last 11 days I have lost 15lbs. i have also developed chronic diarrhea caused by metformin which has now been ceased and i am awaiting my new slow release drugs. My blood glucose has been really good usually between 4.4 and 7.9 where at one point it would be 16 or 12. My 14 day average is now 6.4 which i am working on to get lower.
I used to have the full fat cream and make the coconut treats but don't now as It was stopping my weight loss. After my recent knee operation I cannot wait to get out and burn the fat off even more, and burn that excess sugar's **** off.

Without this forum and group of people here i would be floundering around like a hypo jelly fish without any direction or knowledge of what is right and wrong, so anybody bothering to read this message thank you and keep using this forum as a guide for your future diabetic health.

THANK YOU.

Reactions: 2 people

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
Great attitude and progress ! Good to read you're getting the SR version of metformin too as much kinder on the stomach.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

parameswaran

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
From your words it is clear that you are progressing well. Watchout artificial sweetners also. go for stevia. Metformin is considered to be safe and effective except the stomach problem.

hawnet

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
judgemental people, billy liars,
Thanks guys, the stomach problem has really disabled me, virtually incontinent .. I cannot work due to it. But yes the progress has been good, it all got easier once i had got my head around the things I could eat and how to make them taste nice so you would eat it again. @ parameswaran i really did mean to ask about that Stevia and why i should change over. i cant wait to start exercising now.