Urgent Medtronic Insulin Pump supplies needed in swl19

kmalik

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hello

I am posting this message to find out if anyone can help. I live in SW19 and have run out of supplies for my Medtronic pump. The delivery of new supplies has been delayed and I don’t know when they will arrive. My hospital aren’t responding as the clinic has been cancelled and they all seem to be on the wards. No I’m having no luck getting hold of anyone. Can anyone help?

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Sorry, I do not live in SW19 not do I have a Medtronic pump.
I assume you have spoken to Medtronic and explained your situation. However, as distressing as I am sure it is, you should have an alternative to the pump - usually pens for scenarios such as this. You can revert to injecting for a short period whilst awaiting your pump supplies. If you do not have an alternative, this is more serious and regardless of the pump suply delay you MUST sort this out as quickly as possible. A pump may fail so you MUST have alternatives.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello

I am posting this message to find out if anyone can help. I live in SW19 and have run out of supplies for my Medtronic pump. The delivery of new supplies has been delayed and I don’t know when they will arrive. My hospital aren’t responding as the clinic has been cancelled and they all seem to be on the wards. No I’m having no luck getting hold of anyone. Can anyone help?

Hi,

I'm sorry you are let down by your supplier.

Is it possible to contact your GP surgery, explain the situation & get the GP or "in house" nurse to liaise with your dispensing chemist for an emergency temp supply regarding MDI if you are running short in that department to tide you over..

Best wishes.

Jollymon

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Not having good chocolate, and not cycling
We always need to be prepared to use a basal insulin. Something over the counter.

At the end of last year my pump supplies company also let me down. I did go pick up a vial of over the counter basal insulin. And then I finally got supplies. I guess I got lucky. But we always need to be prepared to fall back to more basic technology.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
PEPPERS BEING USED TO BULK OUT FOOD ASSUMING THAT EVERYONE LIKES THEM!!
Hi I’m having the same problems with ups delivering my supplies. I would call Medtronics as they are arranging next day delivery for some emergency stock to keep you going.

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi I’m having the same problems with ups delivering my supplies.
Same here, today one of my deliveries is finally out for delivery (though I'll not believe it til I see it), noting that UPS originally told me it was going to be delivered 13 days ago - it was sent from Medtronic on the7th Jan ...

Reactions: oldgreymare

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
My latest medtronic delivery was despatched on the 5th; arrived 8 days later. According to tracking it seemed to sit for six days in limbo between Eindhoven and Castle Donnington. All previous deliveries have arrived the day after dispatch.

oldgreymare

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Commuting, overcrowded spaces, especially after the arrival of covid-19...
My latest medtronic delivery was despatched on the 5th; arrived 8 days later. According to tracking it seemed to sit for six days in limbo between Eindhoven and Castle Donnington. All previous deliveries have arrived the day after dispatch.
Welcome to the new reality of Brexit? The paperwork is now horrible for suppliers...and both sides of the channel are struggling...

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Welcome to the new reality of Brexit? The paperwork is now horrible for suppliers...and both sides of the channel are struggling...
Though I had three parcels coming to me, only one took 13 days (the one I mentioned above), the other two took 4 days (2 of which were the weekend)

Reactions: oldgreymare

oldgreymare

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Commuting, overcrowded spaces, especially after the arrival of covid-19...
Though I had three parcels coming to me, only one took 13 days (the one I mentioned above), the other two took 4 days (2 of which were the weekend)
Lumpy supply chains, lets hope that it gets more consistent!