Urine glucose and ketone readings. Type 2

MrMaggs

Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dear all,

I`m not a diabetic but I do have a number of friends who are! I`m an entrepreneur who`s looking at possible solutions to help Type 2s manage their levels and weight more easily. I`d be super grateful for your quick thoughts on the below:

1. Do you or have you ever taken urine glucose and/or ketone readings? (ketones for tracking fat burning - understand DKA is rare in Type 2s) Why?

2. Would your answer to 2 above change if you could take those readings without any effort?

3. How often a day do you take blood glucose readings?

4. How do you track your diet? Mentally, or do you record it?

5. If you struggle to control your blood sugar levels, what do you think the 3 main reasons are?

Thank you very much! Really appreciate it :)

Best,

Dan

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods
[

1. Do you or have you ever taken urine glucose and/or ketone readings? (ketones for tracking fat burning - understand DKA is rare in Type 2s) Why?
Taken both : ketones to check for ketotis and glucose back in the day 30-32 yrs for experiment (no blood strips then!)
2. Would your answer to 2 above change if you could take those readings without any effort?
No it was little hassle!
3. How often a day do you take blood glucose readings?
2-5 times dep on requirements.
4. How do you track your diet? Mentally, or do you record it?
on android app/ spreadsheet
5. If you struggle to control your blood sugar levels, what do you think the 3 main reasons are?
no struggle to control BGs, struggle to train HCPs

Reactions: 7 people

MrMaggs

Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
CollieBoy,

Thanks a lot for your reply! Just a quick follow-up:

1. What`s the name of the app you use?

2. If you could change anything to improve it, what would it be?

Best,

Dan

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods
Its's one I wrote myself to record things and eventually i will fine tune it!

Reactions: 2 people

MrMaggs

Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
CollieBoy,

Wow! Sounds very cool. Why did you decide to make your own? Was there something missing from existing apps?

D

MrMaggs

Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Interesting app - but all it seems to do is record and analyse glucose levels. Surely you want some insight as to why levels were high, which you can act upon? (such as recording your food intake and exercise simultaneously). Or perhaps (i) this is too time consuming and (ii) there are too many variables affecting blood sugar levels?