Used wrong insulin.

Shazzle80

Folks,

I have gestational diabetes and have been injecting insulin for 18 weeks. Tonight by total error I have used my humalog (16mls) instead of on humalin i before bed. I've just eaten a load of carbs to try and balance it out, but worried about going to bed without my humalin incase I hypo.

What should i do??

sagarg

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello,
I think you don't have to take any tension because the dose you have taken before going to bed is ok and just keep in mind that you have to take as per it defined. But having bulk quantity of carbs may harm you so eat less carb and balanced your sugar level...

David147

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Insulin
How about offering a bit of information, my friend? It MIGHT help to analyse [analyze, if you are, indeed, one of my American cousins] what is MOST LIKELY to occur. For instance, if you were supposed to inject a long-acting insulin and you inadvertently injected fast-acting insulin, you COULD lose consciousness, lapse into a coma, and even die ... dependent, of course on how big of a dose you injected, what your blood glucose level was before injecting, whether you've eaten since injecting, whether you've exercised recently.

If, on the other hand, you should have injected a short or fast-acting insulin but inadvertently injected a long-acting insulin, you'll notice a substantial rise in your blood glucose level after eating.