Type 1 UTI - Is it possible to have one without all the standard symptoms?

ill3st

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning folks, I'm back to tap the collective knowledge of the forum.

This is a tricky one for me. I've been to my GP's in the past with something that I'd describe as phantom UTI. Been told it could be in my head!

The symptoms I'm having are a general discomfort in that area, I was woken up this morning with a need to go, the odd time I'll be watching TV & I'll get the twinge like I'm about to pee myself, but nothing happens. Worrying about going to bed, which if you know me, isn't like me.

Basically I'm getting some symptoms, I've had a couple of full blown infections so I'm comparing it to those. No pain whilst urinating, a sample I dropped off 2 weeks ago was clear, no discharge.

Are there such things as mild UTI's that come & go? Or is there something that I'm missing?

Thanks, Alan.

Lesleywo

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My addiction to carbs
In my experience, yes. I used to get the symptons you describe but tests came back clear. Its kind of like your body wants to have a uti but your immune system fights it off before it really takes hold.

Reactions: ill3st

ill3st

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
In my experience, yes. I used to get the symptons you describe but tests came back clear. Its kind of like your body wants to have a uti but your immune system fights it off before it really takes hold.
Thanks for the reply Lesley. It's good to know that someone knows what I'm on about, I must have described it well

Off to the GP's later, so I'll see what happens

Debzz_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes ha ha
I'm really prone to water infections and having one was how I was diagnosed a month ago with T2 . I have noticed though that if my sugars are a bit higher I get the sensation similar to the beginning of a water infection- I believe it irritates the bladder so it does make sense . It usually prompts me to have a few glasses of water which normally does the trick .

Reactions: ill3st

ill3st

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
A 2 week dose of Ciprofloxacin. Couple of samples off for more in depth tests. Interesting leaflet with those tablets too!

Reactions: Lesleywo

Sjkind

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes I have been suffering with this on and off for the last ten months! Glad I am not alone in this, thought I was going crazy! Exactly same symptoms, doctors not really too bothered with it, going to have a good chat with diabetes nurse on Monday to see if we can get to the bottom of it as it’s making me miserable