1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

V Festival

Discussion in 'Diabetes Discussions' started by mrssmurf2, Jul 31, 2010.

1. mrssmurf2

mrssmurf2 · Active Member

Hi There

I am going to V Festival in a couple of weeks and I would like to take in a couple of small bottles of Sprite Zero in as I am quite sure they will not sell it inside. The take bottles off people at the door but is there a card or anything to prove I am diabetic and insist they let me take it in?

Thanks

2. cugila

cugila · Master

It isn't quite so straightforward. The organisers can dictate who and what gets into their Festival. You cannot demand anything but you could ask ! I suggest you e-mail the organisers before your trip to avoid problems and possible entry being barred.

Here is the link to the official website.
    http://www.vfestival.com/v-info/safety-security

Trying to find contact details is a nightmare, so if you have a ticket.....start there and check first.

Here is the information from the FAQ section of the website:
    What drinks can I bring into V?

You can bring water and soft drinks (no alcohol) into the arena. It must be in collapsible plastic, foil or cardboard containers of not more than 1 litre in size. You can bring alcoholic and soft drinks onto the campsites however, there is a strict NO GLASS policy and any glass discovered will be confiscated. There are also standpipes that contain FREE drinking water in the campsites and the arena, please bring a plastic container that you can refill. If you are taking the container into the arena it must be no more than 1 litre in size. You can also purchase water at most catering units throughout the site. If you need to take in more than 1 litre, due to health problems please alert a Steward who will contact their supervisor.

Ken

3. mrssmurf2

Thanks Ken!! It not that important but I just wanted to water down the lager a bit lol I will just try and see what they say, I suppose if it is still sealed I have more chance. I have ordered a dog tag off ebay but was just wondering if there was a universal card you could carry too incase anything happens.

4. daisy1

daisy1 Type 2 · Legend
    Retired Moderator

I think there is a Sticky link thread which allows you to print out a card putting your own information on it. Try doing a search as I can't find it just now.

5. mrssmurf2

I'm sorry to sound a bit thick but what's a sticky link thread? lol

6. daisy1

daisy1 Type 2 · Legend
    Retired Moderator

7. daisy1

daisy1 Type 2 · Legend
    Retired Moderator

I see now it has worked as a link! :)

8. mrssmurf2

Ooo Thanks Daisy thats fab :D

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook