Valentine's Day diabetes style

arjster

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Sundays!
Just wanted to ask what everyone is doing for Valentine's Day? Looking forward to a relaxing Sunday (with no nagging! 8) ) but doubt that'll happen! Think we may lay off the chocolates though and go for a walk in the day, followed up by a homemade vege-chilli in the evening... although, saying that, things very rarely go to plan with my gf!

ebony321

Dislikes
Tomatoes, Rude people, Bees!
i shall be spending valentines day with a lazy day :)

then again... it also usually happens nothing goes to plan for me either :lol:

have a good day with your other half :wink: :D

Ardbeg

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Self serving politicians
I'm taking my wife out for tea and biscuits.

She's never given blood before......... :lol:

bufferz

lol @ Ardberg

me and the wife are off to the local indian, and apart from no rice, im letting my hair down and having whatever I want, part v.day, but also part as a reward for getting down to the 20 stone mark, and ill be having no more treats until i get down to 19 :roll:

ebony321

Dislikes
Tomatoes, Rude people, Bees!
hahaaaa!!

i miss giving blood...

nothing like sharing hehe.

oooh good luck with your weight loss! goodthat you have a trea to reward yourself nothing like motivation with good food :eek:)

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
my lovely amazing parents have bought my hubby and me a day spa treat and are having my son ALL day - which is great as being autistic teenager he is very challenging at the moment, I am slightly worried that they may not cope all day and I am hoping it goes to plan - but hey if it goes pear shaped I can always stay and my oh can go get him :lol: :lol: :lol:

Synonym

Dislikes
Having no energy as this is so limiting.
Lovinglife - I hope you have a really lovely day!

Ardbeg - I had to laugh at your blood donor idea and told my husband about it. He says to warn you that you may have to take her to a tea shop at the very least as she won't get a cup of tea at her first donor session! :lol:

We are going for a luxury picnic and then to the health club for a steamy session in the steam room! :shock: :lol:

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
We are going for a luxury picnic
rather you than me, our minimum thermometer reading yesterday was -18 and I'm in SW France, not SW Scotland.
Hope everyone who's doing something has a lovely day.

Synonym

Dislikes
We will only be stripping off for the steam room! :lol: :roll:

But we will be hoping for some lovely sunshine when we park by the beach. We have had lovely sunny weather here for a while now and it is just beautiful today. :D

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Fillet steaks and veggies followed by stewed fruit and cream, For lunch. then babysitting granddaughter whilst daughter and son-in-law go out for a meal. They didn't get to go out last year and the year before, Granddaughter was too imminent.
Hana

lilibet

Carvery type meal in posh hotel tomorrow night- lots of lovely veg and protein, avoid potatoes if wanted.

Salmon for starters, cheesboard for pudding, VERY diabetically friendly choice

During the day I shall be mostly watching telly, eating toast n bacon and freshly brewed coffee with cream whilst OH is at work in the morning

whilst lamenting the HUGE Thorntons box chocs I got him. Still, any one know how many carbs in flowers ? :lol:

Synonym

Dislikes
lilibet wrote:
"whilst lamenting the HUGE Thorntons box chocs I got him. Still, any one know how many carbs in flowers ? "

If they aren't sugar coated they should be fine! :lol: