Vegetarian/Vegan Low Carb Recipe Index

purplekat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, X Factor (and all similar shows), soaps (corrie, east enders etc), hot weather
This is a work in progress as it'll take ages to get all the suitable recipes indexed here, so please bear with me as I'll mainly be doing this during my lunch hour at work. Please feel free to suggest other recipes on the forum that should be added to this..

I've decided to create a post that has links to all the vegetarian and vegan low carb recipes that have been posted on this forum, so that anyone looking for one in particular can find it quickly. It'll also be very helpful for new members.

For the purposes of this list, all the recipes are to be free from meat/fish/poultry

Soups

Asparagus & Stilton Cheese Soup
Cabbage Soup - 4th recipe in post
Cauliflower & Cheese Soup - 4th recipe in post
Cream of Mushroom Soup - 2nd recipe in post
Creamy Pepper Soup - last recipe in post
Hungarian Mushroom Soup - 5th recipe in post
Nettle Soup

Squash Soup with Curry - 3rd recipe in post, use veg broth insead of chicken broth

Mains

Aubergine Cheesecake
Aubergine Gratin with Roquefort Creme
Cabbage & Brussells Sprout Stir Fry
Celeriac Roesti
Cheddar & Watercress Roulade
Cheese & Chive Pie

Coconut Curry - substitute Quorn or Tofu
Courgette Balls

Courgette Goulash with Low Carb Dumplings
Courgette, Leek, Almond & Sunflower Seed Loaf
Courgette, Patty Pan, Mushroom & Spinach Curry

Courgette Ragout
Cucumber Piquant
Cucumber Ragout

Eggah – 2nd link. Can be made veggie easily (Middle Eastern version of frittata or omelette)
Eggs & Spinach
Egg Biryani

Hungarian Letscho
Lasagne (Flour-free) – Hairy Bikers version
Crustless Quiche. Also Here
Karen's Swiss Mushrooms
Mercy's Quiche

Spinach & Cheese Burgers
Stuffed Courgettes
Vegetable Bake - 2nd recipe
Veggie Burger

Drinks

Coconut Ginger Tea
Egg Nog
- 3rd recipe in post
German Christmas Punch - 2nd recipe in post
Hot Chocolate with Cream & Cocoa
Hot Chocolate with Whipped Cream -
5th recipe in post
Irish Coffee
Spiced Chai Latte

Last edited by a moderator:

purplekat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, X Factor (and all similar shows), soaps (corrie, east enders etc), hot weather
Sorry, links not working - will have a look later and see why not

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
Links may not work but nice idea. This should prove a popular thread. Hope lots of members join in :)

Reactions: 2 people

purplekat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes

purplekat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
It's even worse when you read part of each post to make sure it's veggie-suitable! Then all the posts praising the previously posted recipe...if this doesn't motivate me to cook, than nothing will!

I'll take your suggestion and look at the thread about what did you eat today for more recipe/meal ideas, once I've finished with the low-carb one.

A

Avocado Sevenfold

It's even worse when you read part of each post to make sure it's veggie-suitable! Then all the posts praising the previously posted recipe...if this doesn't motivate me to cook, than nothing will!

I'll take your suggestion and look at the thread about what did you eat today for more recipe/meal ideas, once I've finished with the low-carb one.
Just shout if you need a hand. I am going to try a low carb jalapeño poppers recipe for the first time tonight. Will post it on the main thread if it is delicious....cheese and jalapeños...what could possibly go wrong? :hungry:

Reactions: 4 people

purplekat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
One of the best ways to help is to point me in the direction of any threads that have particularly good recipe suggestions. Also, if you spot one in the list above that uses a non-veggie cheese, pointing it out (and suggesting a substitution, if you can think of a good one) would be appreciated :)

And of course sharing anything you discover is good, either on this thread or tag me in it/mail me the link :)

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Great idea. Not veggie but loads of them are the sort of things I like to eat. And the bread recipes will be really useful as I am beginning to hanker after something bread like.

Serena51

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
bigots, racists, homophobes
Thank you Purple Kat for doing this for us all, must have been a lot of work but very much appreciated. It would be great as a sticky ...

purplekat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'm glad people are finding it useful :) I was going a bit square-eyed from staring at the monitor, so have had a few days break. Back to work on it soon, still lots to link to!