Vegetarian wine

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Do you have a tried and tested vegetarian or vegan wine ..red or white ... Do share with us ... I like the green drake white vegetarian wine and will be having this with my festive meal

Last edited by a moderator:

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
I prefer wine made from meat. But seriously, isn't all wine just made from plants? i.e. grapes?

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well you did ask @NoCrbs4Me .....

Fining agents are used to make the wine clear, these can include egg whites, egg proteins, or casein from milk proteins. Also common fining agents can include gelatine produced from animal bones, isinglass made from fish bladders, and chitin from lobster and crab shells. :(

Reactions: 2 people
A

Avocado Sevenfold

Wine with my festive meal? No chance due to the (rightly) brutal drink driving limits here. I will be using my tiny quota on a little Chambord in my trifle. Chambord is veggie (not vegan though due to the honey) and not particularly low carb, but you only need a little as it has an intense flavour.

This site is a good resource http://www.barnivore.com/wine

I find M&S are good at labeling their wines for vegginess :)

lizziewizzie

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I love Co-op's own wine, I only drink (or did drink) white wine, so that was my favourite. I love that they label it so well. Aldi are getting very good at stocking vegan wine now too. If the label doesn't show milk or eggs in the ingredients but doesn't say it's veggie/vegan then they have a list online that you can quickly check the product number against on your phone and it shows if it's veggie/vegan. **** I love Aldi! x

mekalu2k4

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Our family used to make 'rice-wine' regularly. Last time I made is for Xmas. Still have a little of it. Can make wine from apples and grapes too. It is easy and tasty; one glass in afternoon with lunch is always gr8

Reactions: 2 people

Sobeit

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I love all the Yellowtail red wines.Especially when on sale! Absolutely gorgeous vegetarian wine .Yum

Reactions: 3 people