Ventalin inhalers

stuartclose

HI, am a type 2 on Insuman Combi 25, metformin.

I was diagnosed on Monday as possible asthmatic and prescribed a Ventalin inhaler, 1 dose at bedtime. Since then my before breakfast readings have gone from 5.6 to 10.9. ~Anyone outhere have the same experience?

pauline

Mushroom

I'm diabetic and not asthmatic but my son is asthmatic but not diabetic. Googling Ventolin and blood sugar it appears it can raise it. Vaguely remember son being told to brush teeth to avoid oral thrush (which is caused by high sugars). I am sure someone with personal experience will be along soon to help you.

ladybird64

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Dishonesty, selfishness and lack of empathy.
stuartclose said:
HI, am a type 2 on Insuman Combi 25, metformin.

I was diagnosed on Monday as possible asthmatic and prescribed a Ventalin inhaler, 1 dose at bedtime. Since then my before breakfast readings have gone from 5.6 to 10.9. ~Anyone outhere have the same experience?

pauline

I would be very surprised if Ventolin made any difference at all to glucose levels? I have had asthma all my life, my levels go high if I eat too much carby stuff or if I am sickening for something.

Hobs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Argumenative barstifferous (new word *lol*) types who think that they know everything *wink*
Re: Ventolin inhalers

I also at times use it (nebule form) in a nebuliser and it does not affect my BG's. What it can do is raise your heart rate fro a period of time and therefore cause your BG to go lower quicker. Then you'll have a real possibility of experiencing the dawn phenomenon of liver dump to compensate.
If you Google dawn phenomenon, you'll get a full explanation far better than I could explain it.