Verucca

JillO

I have had a verucca for about 9 months I have tried the usual things bazzzoka etc but it has continued to grow to about the size of a penny it is on the side of my heel growing towards the underneath now i have a baby one in my arch i took them both to the doctor and am to have them frozen/acid? out next week (took month for the appointment) by a nurse practioner

Now it is getting closer i am so worried in case i get a rotting foot when it dies a cut takes weeks to heal and i am actually dreaming about this verucca does it leave a hole?
it is almost to painful to walk on at the moment what will happen when it gets destroyed

I am type 2 on insulin basal/bolus age 56

suzi

Dislikes
people who are rude and ignorant, and people who have no patience in queues.
hi Jillo;
Im the mother of a 9 year old type 1 diabetic son, who had a verruca 2 years ago. it took his podiatrist 10 months to successfully rid him of it. Why did it take so long i hear you say or words to that effect. Because chemicals usually used to treat verrucas are harmful to diabetics. :? So his treatment consisted of paring of the verruca (skin scalped off, which sounds painful but i assure you he didn't think so) and a thin layer of special cream added, plus fortnightly appointments.
This is what it takes im afraid, perserverance and knowing that it will work. I will try to find out the name of the cream applied, but if you ask your podiatrist they should be able to help. Then a case of prevention afterwards, verruca socks when swimming, as im sure this is where my son picked them up,and don't try on shoes without socks/tights ect. :)
I hope, although vague about name of cream,i have been of some help. i do sympathize i know how painful and uncomfortable they can be.
Good Luck with your treatment :D
SUZI xxx

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
You might find it useful to know that diabetics can refer themselves to the hospital podiatry department, without going through the doctor. There's aform to fill in and that's all. They are the people you really need.
I hope the nurs practitioner is successful, but you might need the info i you have the problem again. Still most people eventually get immune to the virus.

JillO

thank you the podiatry dept are letting me self refer and seeing me asap thank you once again I feel so much happier now

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Everyone with diabetes should know about the self referral system. I'll put the info up separately.