VERY COMFUSED, PLZ HEP!? XX

becjones1980

HI I HAD A BLOOD TEST DONE 2WKS AGO AND MY SUGAR LEVELS WAS 9.8?? I WAS SENT A LETTER TO HAVE FASTING BLOODS WHICH I HAD LAST WED AND MY LEVELS WERE 12.9?? I SPOKE TO THE RECEPTIONIST IN MY GPS SERGERY AND SHE SHE THE DOC NEEDED TO SEE MY ASAP, AS SHE THINKS I COULD BE DIABETIC? SHE ALSO TOLD ME MY BLOOD TEST SHOWED SOMETHING TO DO WITH MY LIVER (DONT KNOW IF ITS CONNECTED WITH THE SUGAR LEVELS) I HAVE GOT APPT FRI WITH THE GP BUT AM WORRIED?!! I AM ONLY 31 AND WEIGH AROUND 10STONE, MY DIET IS OK(ISH) AS I DONT EAT UNTIL LUNCH TIME. BUT DO DRINK LOADS OF COFFEE IN THE MORNINGS LOL!!!! I ALSO WAS DIAGNOSED DEC 2010 WITH EPILEPSY. ANY1 GOT ANY INFO OR ANY HELP ETC IT WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED..... THANKS REBECCA XXX

MaryJ

Hi Rebecca,

Firstly welcome, secondly no-one can diagnose you on here, your GP will do that. Also, what type db you may have - different routes for different types.

Re the liver, there is a connection definately but without knowing what the 'something' is you'll need to wait to see the doc - Someone with more experience will be along soon.

If you do get told you have db it's not the end of the world. For many of us, it's a blessing in disguise to a better, healthier lifestyle but expect to go through all the usual feelings anger, denial, acceptance etc.

Let us know how you get on

Mary x

Grazer

Hi Rebecca, sounds as if you do have diabetes, but as Mary says you need to wait for the official results, and find out what type of diabetes you may have. Not all diabetics are overweight, I wasn't but if you're young an slim it could be you haver a different type to the type 2 which lots of us have. As Mary also says, it's not the end of the world if you are diabetic. Let us know when you get your official result and you'll get lots of help and ideas on how to cope with it.
Good luck and welcome.

becjones1980

AW THANKS BOTH FOR UR REPLY, IM JUST REALLY NERVOUS BOUT SEEING THE GP FRI, BUT WILL LET YOU KNOW THE RESULTS.... AND LOOKING FORWARD TO YOUR KIND SUGGESTIONS ON THE HELP I WILL NEED AS IM USELESS AT ALL THIS! LOL XXXX

A

Anonymous

hi Rebecca... yeah I can imagine you'd be feeling rather nervous having already been diagnosed with a chronic illness not so long ago. Your sugar readings you mention are diabetic level readings... but only your doc can diagnose what you actually have going on. Health is precious for all of us and many don't realise how blessed they are if they manage to get through life without any problems whatsoever healthwise. Wishing you all the best.... stay positive no matter what. :)

krisjwoody

I was diagnosed 4 days ago with Type 1, I'm 25 and lead a healthy lifestyle. I have had so much information and advise it was overwhelming and the word diabetes scared me. Now i feel a lot better and already confident i can manage it and continue living like i did.

I have realised it is not the end of the world, if anything i will be looking after myself and understand my body more!!

Anyway, my point is, it shouldn't make a difference if you are diabetic or not. Plus your in the best country for treatment. The NHS was great to me!

Good luck