VBee

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Baked beans
:oops:

I am following a low carb diet and have been for about 3 weeks. A few days ago I noticed I was feeling "sore" when I went to the toilet for number twos and slightly uncomfortable in that general area. Today there has been a small amount of blood when I go to the toilet, leaking as it were from.. that place.. ahem. :oops: Is this the new diet that is making it do this? I'm panicking now thinking what else it could be. I'm such a worry-wart... :lol: Anyone else experience this?

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Sounds like piles to me,haemorrhoids to give them their Sunday name.Because you are on a lower carb diet what you are passing will be firmer.I would go and see your doctor about it.You can buy creams over the counter for them but it is always best to get checked out professionally as well.

suzi

Dislikes
people who are rude and ignorant, and people who have no patience in queues.
Hi VBee,
I know it's very embarrassing, but you know the answer to this one (visit to the doctors) If youv'e suffered from piles, a change in diet could possibly cause this,or the consistancy of your motions. Any bleeding from this area should be seen to. Please don't worry, it's probably harmless, but please do get it checked out.
Suzi x

VBee

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Baked beans
OK I will go to the Dr if it hasn't cleared up by tomorrow. I always thought piles were like.. visible? You know, the bunch of grapes thing. I don't have that. :shock:

suzi

Dislikes
people who are rude and ignorant, and people who have no patience in queues.
Piles can often be inside and the first time you realise you have them is when they bleed, sorry Vbee, not what you want to hear, but better piles than anything else, me's think. Go to the DR and please let us know how you get on xx

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Another possibility is that you've been straining to pass Stuff that's too solid and got a tiny tear. If the blood is bright red, it's from somewhere near the exit. Blood from higher up would be black Bright blood suggests a physical injury of some kind. the least scary of possiblilities. Increase the brocolli, it helps this situation. After you've seen the doctor!

cjohnson

Dislikes
Spiders and other similar creepy crawlies
Hi Vbee
When on a low carb diet you need to drink plenty of water as that helps things along a little. As everyone else says tho still better to get it sorted by a quick visit to the docs. As a sufferer myself I have found that drinking plenty of water and making sure you have some fruit makes life easier.

CJ

VBee

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Baked beans
Hanadr, I think you're right. It's exactly as you stated, but it has been OK since this afternoon so fingers crossed.

Ah God.... the human body is so disgusting... :lol:

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
disgusting or not, there are only 2 basic designs of human body and they are very alike. I taught sex education years ago and the first homework I always set to classes was to list 12 ways in which male and female bodies are alike. I got thanked by a parent once for it too. :D