Very Low Carb Ketogenic Diet

triksit

Has anyone tried the VLCKD. How did you get on? I'm considering it also in view of urticaria I don't seem to be able to shift

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Has anyone tried the VLCKD. How did you get on? I'm considering it also in view of urticaria I don't seem to be able to shift

I drifted into it.
The more I tested my blood glucose around food, the more I realised just how little carb my body can tolerate. And how much better I feel when I keep in ketosis. It is like having a body transplant. :happy:

Wouldn't recommend it for everyone, and I think that sliding gently into ketosis over tme is kinder to the body, the digestion, sleep patterns and mood, than doing it overnight, but your mileage may vary.

Was there anything in particular you wanted to ask?

modesty007

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Depends on what you call VLCKD, doing since more than 4 months a very strict verison of LCHF, less then 10 gram carbs per day inclulding carbs in coffee, usually app 5-7 gram per day and is constantly in optimal nutritional ketosis. BUT moved into this after more than a couple of years on LCHF with maximum 20-30 gram carbs per day.
If moving from higher carb intake you might get the so called carb flu for a week or more, then remember to drink plenty of water and add extra salt, might need a little potassium as well. Moving llike Brunneria more slowly with decreasing carbs might be a better way.
Any qeustions just ask.