Very simple low carb salad dressing

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
This just came to hand and tastes good
Into a jug (all approximate)
1/2 cup olive oil
2 - 3 tablespoonsful balsamic vinegar
2 - 3 teaspoonsful dark Soy sauce
Whisk thoroughly
Toss salad in this

Rach79

Dislikes
Poverty, violence, manipulative or materialistic people and too much bad weather such as wind and rain.
Thanks might try that one out :)

cavelioness

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
I love chopped mint on my salad....very refreshing

frances8551

Thanks, I made this yesterday but when I tasted it I didn’t think it was that great, I think that might have been because of the soy sauce, so I’m going to try it without today. Also, does anyone know about the nutritional values of onions? Because I love them in my salad but if I’m going to be sharing one with my mother, they need to be suitable for her. Thanks!

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Onion raw approx 8% carb according to Collins Litte Gem

Katharine

Spanish red onions have a milder flavour and look pretty.

I am particularly fond of tomato and onion salad and my son loves spanish onion, tuna and mayonnaise.

Shallots are a little lower in carbs than onions. But most people don't eat onions to excess.

Jem

Dislikes
People that feel just because diabates is a life-threatening "illness" it should be treated with kid gloves and nobody is allowed to have a laugh. My humour got me through abuse, near death experiences, serious and debilitating illnesses and lifelong pain and deformity - why give up the thing that works??
I eat red onions most days :) gotta love the allium - good for me :)

Mostly softened in a little evoo to start a sauce BUT they are divine shredded and thrown over a leafy salad. Radishes are also pretty and tatsy ...

You can get sugar free soy sauce - I think mine is kikkoman and it's non-carby :)

I tend to use white wine vingear over my salad with freshly ground sea salt ... I like the salt!! hahaha ... but my blood pressure is pretty good these days so it's not something I have to obsess about ... thankfully :)

xxx

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
try this little delicacy.

finely slice a red onion and leave to soak in the juice of half a lime. It cooks the onion and takes away the bitterness.

wiflib