Very Tired

Tyronnster

Hello

I'm sorry I'm asking so many questions but looking for help

I'm type 1 controlling using basol bolus.

Over the past few wks have found myself really tired. I get a good night sleep but my body just feels really tired. Part of me feels like since eating more healthy my body is missing out on something

Is there a supplement which could take which would give me more ooommmmfff haha

Someone Mentioned vitamin d deficiency but I'm no doctor

Any help or suggestions please

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
If only ooommmfff came in tablet form I would take it by the bucket load, no seriously get thee to the dr, I started feeling like you, still do as it happens but it turns out I have Post Viral Infection Fatigue Syndrome, PVIAS, no cure just have to learn to live with it, do what I can do, lots of rest, and be careful not to over do it on good days as I pay for it the next, not saying you have it but its always best to get yourself checked just in case you are deficient in something like vitamin d,b, or iron.

))Denise((

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
There are several physical causes of exhaustion / tiredness / fatigue

1. High blood sugar
  2. Vitamin D deficiency
  3. Vitamin B12 deficiency
  4. Iron deficiency anaemia
  5. Underactive Thyroid
  6. Depression.
  7. Stress
  8. Sleep Apnea
  9. Not getting enough or good quality sleep
You need to go to your GP for some tests, but don't get fobbed off or put in the chronic fatigue box.

Reactions: 4 people

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Had a bad night last night was awake at 2am..... I am finding some nights I do not sleep too good even though tired when i go to bed..I do have under active thyroid of which i have had for a very long time so am putting this not sleeping good down to the darn Diabetes as I used to sleep like a log and get up very refreshed .....Diabetes has a lot to answer for I am thinking!!

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
There are several physical causes of exhaustion / tiredness / fatigue

1. High blood sugar
  2. Vitamin D deficiency
  3. Vitamin B12 deficiency
  4. Iron deficiency anaemia
  5. Underactive Thyroid
  6. Depression.
  7. Stress
  8. Sleep Apnea
  9. Not getting enough or good quality sleep
You need to go to your GP for some tests, but don't get fobbed off or put in the chronic fatigue box.

I agree with everything you say as I'm sure you saw my get the to the dr advice, I can avow its not nice being in the fatigue box as many of my fellow sufferers will agree, it took 24 blood tests to finally get a dx, and now have an empty arm

))Denise((

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I was put in the chronic fatigue box, but I really had vitamin D deficiency (had to fight to get this tested). Once on the Vitamin D, I started to get better

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I had all the vitamin deficiency tests but had also had a viral infection due to those pesky furry caterpillar's one of which left a hair in my finger which swelled up like a black pudding, not nice, was ill for weeks.

[REDACTED]

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
[REDACTED]
Its frustrating being tired all the time i know the feeling and it due to a combination of my diabetes and other medication that i am taking its got worse with the morphine patches i have now as well.

I am due to go for a full blood test this time next week again.

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Hope you start feeling better and less tired soon :)