Very very high levels!!!!

Bigrobxxx

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Thrush
Hi all quick question I have had very high readings for the last 3 days the highest being 29.8 tonight... I can't get my sugars low and wondered if anybody had any ideals??? I think I might as well move into my bathroom the amount of times I am needing the toilet!!! Thanks group xx

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Hi big rob, that's getting dangerously high. What was it before? Have you informed your GP?

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Rob,

I think you should be on your way to A&E ...... how are you feeling?

Bigrobxxx

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Thrush
Hi, it was normal levels a fortnight ago only had pasta for dinner feel ok in my self just a little nervous just tested again it's still in the 29''s

Not sure what to do???

Thank you

Bigrobxxx

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Thrush
It's odd I feel ok apart from needing to go to the toilet ever 10 mins!! Going to test again at midnight

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I see you are on insulin. I know nothing about insulin, but I do know your current level is heading towards being dangerously high. I think you need medical help .... now. Please ring your out of hours number at the very least.

Reactions: 2 people

Bigrobxxx

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Thrush
Thank you bluetit!! I will wait till midnight and see what it is then and then I might call 111 as starting to feel very warm now

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good luck, and please do ring them if it isn't dropping significantly. Please let us know how you go on.

Bigrobxxx

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Thrush
Will do thank you again will post a little after 12

Richard0804

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I don't suffer fools gladly. I cant stand people who constantly go on about their illness or problems. Hey You're ill or have a problem. GET ON WITH IT. Don't bother me.
Hi Rob
Readings far too high. PLEASE GET MEDICAL HELP ASAP.
Good luck my friend.
Richard

MushyPeaBrain

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
When you are this high injecting little and often is more effective. Once you get to 14 or more you will need extra insulin for correction as your body will have insulin resistance.

What correction injections have you done? Pasta is not a good idea if you have high Bg already. Possible reasons for these highs are illness, bad vial of insulin, poor injection site. incorrect dose for carbs.

You MUST take extra insulin now to reduce these levels. I have been this high in the past (due to brittle diabetes) and I was injecting up to 13 times a day to reduce my BG. Not suggesting you do that though.

Bigrobxxx

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Thrush
Ok done bloods again down to 21.2 going to get some sleep do bloods again in the morning xx

mamamodge

Type of diabetes
HCP
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I would also suggest getting medical opinion as you may be developing an illness which can spiral your blood glucose out of control.

MushyPeaBrain

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Lantus is a background insulin so just helps keep good levels stable. It isn't insulin to be used for correcting high BG as it works too slowly.

At 21 you should not being going to sleep unless you have somebody with you? Personally I would at least be setting an alarm to test and correct further in another 2 hours.

It is worrying that it doesn't sound like you are taking these highs as seriously as you should. The hospital always say inject a small correction dose, monitor and then correct again if needed. The correction dose should be fast acting insulin.

Reactions: 5 people

Sallybear

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hope things have settled down for you now. I was running in mid to high 20s for quite some time and my GP and DSN knew, but they didn't do anything, but I would avoid the pasta if I was you, it won't help at all. I am on Lantus now too, but like others have said looks like you need some other help. High readings can be caused by infections too my GP said so it might be a case of getting a few things checked out.

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
In the absence of further updates let's hope big rob is now getting medical assistance.

Reactions: 4 people

Bigrobxxx

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Thrush
Hi all done bloods highest today is 11.7 so a lot better will keep an eye all night, thank you everyone it's good to have a forum like this I don't feel so alone x

Reactions: 6 people

Sallybear

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hey @Bigrobxxx glad to hear you are ok. Not been here long but get the feeling you are never alone in this place. Hope all continues to get better, any ideas what might have caused it?