vibration / power trainer / power plate

Siobhan

HI!!

I am getting a vibration / power trainer (like a power plate) and was wondering if any type 1 diabetics on here have one or use one in the gym? How does it affect your sugar levels? Do you adjust you insulin dosage or food intake before and after using one?

Thanks

Siobhan :p

Marzeater

What's this?
I would avoid any contact with anything that vibrates for a long period of time.

Taken from Wikepedia vibration white finger.
Loss of manual dexterity (nerves and muscles affected): In more severe forms attacks may occur frequently in cold weather, not only at work, but during leisure activities, such as gardening, car washing or even watching outdoor sports and may last up to an hour causing considerable pain and loss of manual dexterity and reduced grip strength.

What is the vibration intensity? How long are you in contact with it?

lionrampant

The Vibra plate has been around a while now, with plenty of celebrity users. There's one in my gym but I never get to use it. :eek: Anyways, just check sugars before and after as you would with any exercise. To begin with you'll go hypo, but once you get some idea of what impact it's use has on your BG levels you can take something in advance.

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
I am allergic to vibration, brings me out in nettle rash. Rare, but means I can't operate our large petrol lawnmower. So No I haven't tried those machines.

Marzeater

What I meant to say was
how could I pursue any claim for nerve damage caused by vibrating plant if I used a piece of equipment to induce full body vibration for leisure purposes.

Cosy

I have one of these and am Type 2, have used it a few times and no problems. The only thing is I dont use it regularly and want to. I am just not sure what to do with it I do a few things but the instructions I got with it were not very clear, if you get better instructions I would be glad it you would give me some ideas.