victoza

sue191071

hiya my names sue and i thought i would share with you that i maybe going on victoza sooni am also on insulin nova 30 I
have and hospital appointment tomorrow to be accessed can you take insulin and victoza together as i have read up on this and it says you cant can anybody advise me on this please
thanks sue :)

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Hi sue.
You are on the nova 30/70 mix ?? That right? How long have you been on this med?
Do you take anything else for your diabetes condition?
Are your BG levels under control?
Who has suggested victoza ' combined' with your insulin to you?
What is the reason's for you maybe going onto victoza?
Sorry for all the questions but it just helps me understand more.
Generally speaking there ARE strict guidellines with the prescribing of victoza.
Only IF you have 'certain reasons' - they may take these into account and permit 'off the guidelines' approach
to protect you and your health.
But it is for THIS reason ONLY.
As I am at "risk" - this is the case with myself.
Hope this helps?
Anna. :D

sue191071

hiya there anna
im going on the victoza as i am putting on weight but im sticking to my diet so have to go back to hospital and have some blood tests and then they are going to decide weather to put me on the victoza which also helps with my blood sugar levels and yes im on novamix 30 pen injection and metformin and gliclazide the novamix 30 pen injection take 15 units before breakfast and 15 units before tea then 3 metformin a day and 2 gliclazide a day

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Hi sue.
From my OWN experience it could be the gliclazide that has contributed to the weight gain . . .
It did this with me, " me " who had been 'tiny' all my life - since taking that bl***y pill for just 10months I put
2.5 stone on !!!
Went to my GP sat down and FIRMLY told him I REFUSE to take this anymore or ever again...
The whole practice know me well, and had seen the huge change in me that year, so it was with my GP's
referral I was put forward to go on victoza PLUS I do have severe medical intollerances to drugs, and have had
heart surgery so it was imperitive to get the weight OFF my central body zone . [it only stored it on my tummy n abdomen]
It was even effecting my breathing and mobility.
As 2.5 stone weight gain through a drug on a tiny small boned body frame is so impacting ... !
Went on victoza took to it well WITHOUT any side effects at all and lost 2stone of the excess weight ...
Are your blood sugar levels still too high ? despite using the novomix 30 ?
Hope this helps ?
Anna. :D

sue191071

hiya
thankyou for your infomation made me feel alot better thanks
my blood sugars sometimes are high but not all the time
thanks sue