Victoza

Anna2007

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dear Tom
I was on Victoza and Byetta until my endocrinologist changed me to Novorapid. Are you concerned about the negative press that Victoza and Byetta is getting? Anna

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Gralloc

Byetta made me very ill so went onto Victoza 6 months ago, no adverse reactions and at my last review I had a level of 7.2 which is not too bad. I am also on Pioglitazone as it was the only oral med I could take. The only problem I have had is for some unknown reason I have had the opposite reaction to what Victoza is meant to induce and have had an appetite that is never satisfied, I gained 19 lbs in 2 months, why no one knows, it's under review.

Dear Anna, and all who responded.

Firstly thank you all for responding.

No big concerns just yet. regard bad press, we will see, I've just got to try and get used to it, and iam interested in all your comments/experiences.

Early days yet, but literally on day one I've hardly had a drop of insulin, so something is going on, and whatever it is, it is not very comfortable.

Already feeling sick, off food, and shaky.
I did have a good start this morning.
But now feel like ****.
On the positive side, my readings are a lot better until an hour ago when I went Hypo, and I've being suffering Hypa's for 3 years! So lows are terrible.

Will continue with dally diary. Thanks all again
Tom

Hi Tom and all,
I am due to start victoza on the 18th of july am really panicing about the side effects but am determined to give it a good go as my levels are uncontrolled and high consistently. I look forward to further updates regarding results etc.

Tracey