Virtahealth: Now We Know Why You Can Lose Weight With Reduced Hunger And Cravings

ringi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
This is an update on recent research, therefore you may need to read "the art and science of low carb living" book before reading this blog post.

Note that they (not very helpfully) call the Newcastle Diet (ND) by its correct name "VLCD" and used the correct name (DiRECT) for the most recent paper on it that is correctly referenced as “Lean 2018“. (It is also not possible to compare the a1c results between the studies as they had different policies on Mataformin.)

See https://blog.virtahealth.com/ketosis-appetite-hunger/

Reactions: kokhongw

Hotpepper20000

Thank you for posting this.
It confirms my experience .
I did eat what the general public considerd healthy and cooked most of my meals before Being diagnosed but I was always hungry.
I worry that with the public becoming more aware about low carb that the message of higher fat will be lost. And it will set people up for failure.

Reactions: Robbity and Freema

pdmjoker

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
They say "In other words, something about nutritional ketosis promotes weight loss by a combination of reduced appetite and/or better access to body fat stores for fuel." which agrees with what I've read...

Reactions: Freema

pdmjoker

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
They reference "Figure 2" but it doesn't appear on that page! :) :banghead: